Tuesday 26 November 2013

Barnoon Cemetery - St Ives Pt 2

I took a lot of photos here so I apologise if you are not into cemeteries - however I find them so fascinating and this one with it's views over Porthmeor Beach especially so.

Partly because of its connection to a very famous liner sinking - Titanic





This is the grave of William Carbines, he was 19 years old when he boarded the Titanic, on his way to visit his brother in America, sadly he was one of the many that did not survive that night


When I saw how big this cemetery was I didn't think I would be able to find this grave, however, it is close to the path and therefore quite easy to spot.
Seeing the grave of one of the Titanic victims really brings home the scale of the tragedy, it was so long ago now that it is easy to forget that these were real people, with hopes and dreams just like us.

This post is dedicated to all those who lost their lives on board the Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment