Friday 17 May 2013

Back to St Sannan's

Well it was the same visit but thought I would post some more grave photos. I promise only one more post of graves after this one and I will move on to something more cheerful instead - at least for a while. One of the things I want to do is visit as many cemeteries as I can in the area to see what the different monuments are like, and if you look at these you will see how different they can be

 Column 

 The Rook 

This one caught my eye as it reminded me of a Chess piece, and I wanted to get closer to it so I could see the shape properly, but in order to do that I had to navigate the sunken grave below:

 This grave appeared to have sunk about 4 feet, and I really did not want to end up in it! The problem in this cemetery is that in places it is so overgrown that you cannot see how sunken a grave is - or even if there is a grave under your feet!

Another Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment